Drug and Alcohol Recovery in Portland, Maine
Liberty Bay Recovery, located in the coastal, scenic city of Portland, Maine, mirrors the calming atmosphere of its tranquil surroundings in its approach to treating drug and alcohol dependency. Our renowned recovery center offers a home-like setting for residents with a humanistic approach towards treatment. Each resident is treated individually with respect and given the kind of therapeutic attention conducive to independent living that strives towards sustained recovery from addiction. In the process, residents familiarize themselves with addiction issues in a manner that enables them to cope safely with destructive behaviors while at the center and, more importantly, when reintroduced into their lives outside of residential treatment.
Liberty Bay Recovery is nationally recognized as a leading rehabilitation center. Our approach to recovery maximizes success ratios. Each resident is treated with dignity and respect in a home-like voluntary setting. Our facility minimizes a distinctly clinical approach toward rehabilitation; residents adorn their every-day clothing, and the staff treats residents with respect and dignity, facilitating a warm and friendly environment while striving towards living free from dependency.
What Your Addiction Has Cost
First steps when you enter our facility include the following:
- Settling in and becoming familiar with our environment.
- Meeting staff to assure initial comfort.
- Initial appointment with our Medical Director that will include a discussion of detox medication, lab work to be ordered, comfort medications and medical treatment plan that will help address your needs.
Treatment Plans at Liberty Bay Recovery
Initially, we devise a comprehensive treatment program for the individual to confront addiction and to promote recovery in the safest environment possible. Individual and group therapy sessions enable residents to recognize behaviors that trigger self-destructive actions. We’re not mired entirely in theory, however, as we believe in promoting behaviors and actions that put healthy theoretical approaches to use practically. We teach residents tactics to avoid high-risk situations and to successfully manage societal pressures, situations, and behaviors that generate and promote anger. While we offer a safe environment for detoxification and a knowledgeable and friendly staff, we also discuss post acute withdrawal in working towards a long-term plan for sobriety.
While addicted individuals typically and eagerly await quitting destructive behaviors, most fear withdrawal. Fear alone of withdrawal usually keeps the addict from seeking treatment. Our staff is uniquely qualified in helping residents overcome these fears, as many of them are themselves in recovery and can adeptly assist with providing frank insight into their own experiences with withdrawal. Obviously, withdrawal can be difficult, but we minimize its effects by assuring safety in the detoxification process and promoting our humanistic approach toward treating the addict withdrawing from drugs or alcohol.
Life at Our Resident Center
Just as choosing the right facility is vital to your recovery, knowing the type of setting you’ll experience at our facility is essential. You can expect the following at our facility:
- Warm, inviting rooms spacious enough for your personal belongings.
- A full-service, on-site kitchen offering nutritionally balanced meals and snacks. Nourishment revitalizes the malnourishment associated with an addict’s life, and as sobriety and nourishment are symbiotic, our priority is on proper nutrition.
- Economic budgeting skills and other basic life skills are reviewed and reintroduced into the recovering addict’s life.
- Recovery often demands dual treatment plans that deal not only with addiction but also with depression, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, and vivid memory recall of past emotional or physical abuse.
- Our comprehensive treatment program is designed to revitalize both the body and the mind.
- Reintegration techniques designed to meet life’s challenges back in society key our successes toward recovery.
Located in the beautiful and scenic coastal city of Portland, Maine, Liberty Bay Recovery is a nationally recognized substance abuse treatment facility, providing alcohol and drug rehabilitation services to men and women. The goal of the professionals at Liberty Bay Recovery is to rebuild the health of individuals and their loved ones by treating the body, mind, and spirit. Contact us today to learn more about our program.