No one wakes up one morning and decides to become addicted to heroin, cocaine, alcohol or other substances. It is a process that often starts with the intention to have some fun or to medicate oneself against pain in one form or another. Over time, however, recreational or medicinal use can evolve into a devastating, and seemingly endless, cycle. At that point, getting help from a drug rehab center can be the only way to turn things around.
Why is it that some people can drink alcohol or use drugs socially without risking addiction and others cannot? While scientists and doctors still don’t have all of the answers to this question, they have concluded that some people are at higher risk for developing an addiction than others. Dangerous dependence is more likely in those with a family history of addiction or those who have experienced mental health issues or trauma in their lives.
What to Expect From a Drug Rehab Center
Regardless of what may have led to a person’s addiction, the fact is that fighting it without help can be hard. Thankfully, there’s not one single type of drug rehab center. In fact, there are numerous styles and philosophies when it comes to helping clients overcome dangerous dependencies to substances. Nevertheless, the following are several aspects that most drug rehab centers have in common:
- Require total abstinence from the addictive substance
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations of physical, psychological and addiction history
- Offer individual addiction-related therapy
- Provide group counseling with others who are also in recovery
- Focus on learning life skills and relapse prevention strategies to promote lifelong recovery
If you are looking for drug rehab in Portland Maine, look to Liberty Bay Recovery Center. We provide a comprehensive, individual-based treatment environment that will give you or someone you love the tools they need to overcome their addiction.
Symptoms of Addiction
Are you wondering if your problems are severe enough to merit getting services from a drug rehab center Portland Maine offers? Although each person’s addiction is unique to them, there are several symptoms that appear frequently. See if you recognize yourself in the following warning signs:
- You have stopped seeing friends or engaging in activities you once loved in favor of your drug of choice
- You need more and more of your chosen substance to achieve the desired effects
- Your time is spent focusing on obtaining, using, craving and being sick because of withdrawal from your drug of choice
- You are having problems with relationships, finances, school or your job because of your drug of choice
These red flags indicate that you could benefit from the services of a drug rehab center. When you commit to your recovery by entering drug rehab in Portland Maine, you can finally understand what caused your addiction while also finding ways to overcome it once and for all.
How Liberty Bay Recovery Center Can Help
Whether you are seeking cocaine rehab in Portland Maine or simply a rehab center, Liberty Bay Recovery Center is uniquely positioned to meet your needs. Our comfortable, intimate setting and compassionate, customized care will equip you with the insight, knowledge, and strategies required to put your substance use behind you. Our programs include the following:
- Medically supervised detox
- Residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient settings
- Evidence-based addiction counseling from experienced, compassionate staff
- Peer support, 12-step groups, and life skills education to promote lasting recovery and minimize relapses
- Gender-specific private rooms and healthy meals prepared on-site
If you are serious about your recovery and want a drug rehab center Portland Maine offers, look no further than Liberty Bay Recovery Center. Call our compassionate, knowledgeable counselors today at 855-607-8758 to get on the road to long-term healing.