Alcohol Addiction in Portland, ME
A lot of people battle the unwanted effects of alcohol abuse or alcoholism on their health and wellness. Even so, while an individual continues to consume alcohol, even in spite of the adverse effects, they may quite possibly have an alcohol addiction. Luckily, Liberty Bay Recovery in Portland, Maine can assist. We offer quiet, respectful, and relaxing alcohol addiction treatment methods.
What Is Alcohol Addiction?
Whenever someone is experiencing addiction to alcohol, they deem alcohol as essential, so they may do anything to take one more drink. In fact, the nature of alcohol dependency means it may begin to take precedence over your job, family relationships, and finances, as well as many other interests. Addiction usually reveals itself whenever the person has devoted a lot of time to abusing alcohol.
Whenever the alcohol use is severe or continuous, withdrawal is impending, and many individuals keep on drinking so that they can prevent the acute stress and undesirable effects. Also, the triggers that usually result in abusive and excessive drinking cannot be masked by the alcohol consumption, so many people are confronted with those along with the withdrawal difficulties. At Liberty Bay Recovery, you can expect to be given support and assistance from experienced doctors and therapists to assist you on your way to recovery.
Indications of Alcohol Addiction
Abusing alcohol could potentially cause serious harm to a person’s physiological and psychological well-being. It’s vital that you identify the signs and symptoms of addiction to ensure that treatment begins.
Here’s what you should watch out for:
- Strong preoccupation with alcohol; discussing it often or even insisting on going to places where alcohol will likely be present
- Isolating yourself from family and friends, as well as walking away from interests or even obligations
- Habitual alcohol consumption to excess, potentially to the stage of illness or even blacking out
- Continuing to drink just to stop withdrawal signs and symptoms
- Increasing your alcohol consumption to experience the desired effects
Shifts in Behavior
Diversions from typical behavior also usually take place with addiction to alcohol. Most of these can include the following:
- Overreacting to somewhat trivial stressors or the use of alcohol to alleviate the stress
- Increasing absences from your job, declining work performance or showing up to work hung over or even under the influence
- Spending additional time with individuals who drink
- Hiding alcoholic beverages, using it privately, and being untruthful regarding how much alcohol you are consuming
- Increasing disagreements with associates and family members, likely leading to serious problems in personal relationships
- Finding it extremely hard to stop drinking or control how much is being drunk
- Denying or even glossing over the issues that your addiction to alcohol is creating
- Using alcohol to ease a hangover
- Legal problems due to alcohol addiction, which may involve driving under the influence (DUI), indecent exposure, public urination, disorderly conduct, or violence
- Inability to carry out daily responsibilities: household tasks, work-related duties, and other daily requirements – without requiring alcohol
Physical and Psychological Signs and Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
Addiction can also include physical and mental signs, particularly any time the individual is in withdrawal. In some instances, they could be life-threatening and could entail the following:
- Gastrointestinal distress, nausea or vomiting, heartburn, or acid reflux as well as stomach cramping
- Loss of appetite and body weight
- Insomnia, as well as nighttime sweats
- Repeatedly consuming to the level of passing out
- Body tremors, specifically in the extremities
- Restlessness, as well as exhaustion
- Trouble focusing or reasoning
- Depression together with anxiousness
- Mood difficulties such as becoming easily irritated, rage, aggravation, sorrow, and apathy
- Anhedonia, a failure to experience enjoyment or satisfaction
- Lack of motivation
- Alcohol urges
- Needing much more alcohol a brief period after the first round
- Seizures (in severe cases)
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
There are a number of valid reasons why one may need to enter into a rehab program to find help to prevent the harmful cycle of dependence. A cycle that wreaks chaos on not just the addict, but also the individual’s family members.
When untreated, addiction could even go as far as to leave you with nothing. Contact us today at 844-894-2673 to find out more about what Liberty Bay Recovery can do for you.
Insurances accepted include: Cigna, Aetna, Humana, United Health Care, ValueOptions, GEHA (Government Employee Health Association), UMR (United Medical Resources), Providence Health Plans, and Harvard Pilgrim HealthCare. Even state insurances are accepted. We also provide several cost-effective self-pay alternatives.
Contact Liberty Bay Recovery
At Liberty Bay Recovery, in Portland, Maine, our goal is to provide individuals with a broad array of treatment services. With our successful track record in helping individuals overcome alcohol addiction, we’re sure to supply you or your loved one with the treatment needed and deserved. Contact us today to learn even more about our services.